A HIGHER-ORDER NONSTANDARD FINITE ELEMENT METHOD FOR ONE-DIMENSIONAL ELLIPTIC PROBLEMS
AbstractA third-order nonstandard finite element method is proposed for one-dimensional elliptic problems. A new local finite element approximation is constructed on every element using local linear basis functions with a correction term, which is exact for quadratic functions. Combining this local finite element approximation and Choosing linear finite element space as a test space, a new finite element method is developed. Numerical experiments show that this nonstandard finite element method have three order accuracy while the degree of freedom is the same as the traditional linear finite element method.
- Copyrights:Authors who publish in ICDTD Incjournals retain copyright to their work. Submission of a manuscript to the respective journals implies that all authors have read and agreed to the content of the Covering Letter or the Terms and Conditions. It is a condition of publication that manuscripts submitted to this journal have not been published and will not be simultaneously submitted or published elsewhere.ICDTD Inc(Licensor) grants the author(s) a worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, and non-commercial perpetual license to exercise the rights in the article published as stated below:
- All articles are published under the Creative Commons Attribution License (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/legalcode), which permits unrestricted, non-commercial use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided that the work is properly cited.
- The authors retain the copyright of their published article. They will also have the right to:
- Reproduce the article, to incorporate the article into one or more collective works, and to reproduce the article as incorporated in collective works;
- Create and reproduce Derivative Works for educational purposes.
- Distribute Copies